Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tom Yam Maggi Noodles, Taman Lip Sin, Penang

I have been patronizing this stall since he started his business here, near to my place. Sometimes, I’m very glad to be staying here with the privilege, by that I meant the convenience available at this area. Food is easy to get (some are good ones), I have Sunshine that opens till 1am, I have a clinic nearby, wet market, chinese medical store, coffeeshops, bakery, laundry and many more.. all within walking distance. I usually take away one the way back home from work.

P1470599-1 Usual order is fried fish meat tom yam maggi, MYR 5.00, sometimes thick vermicelli. One thing I like is that the fish meat used is not dory fish. I can tell the taste of dory fish from the first bite! Generous pieces of fish meat with maggi noodles in thick, flavourful tom yam soup.

P1470629-1

Sometimes though it’s get’s a little too spicy… got my eyes and nose all watery white eating it.. but then it’s still one of the best tom yam noodles I’ve ever had so far… Some prefers the one at sunshine market, but that one somehow, I could only taste super spiciness that sends my tongue to numbness for few hours… :P This one, I can easily finish the whole bowl to the last drip.

P1470589-1

The stall is at the sidewalk, and besides tom yam maggi noodles, they also offers clear soup noodles.

P1470590-1

Opening days though is not certain… sometimes, it’s closed for few days…

P1470595-1P1470591-1

Menu available.. I’ve tried the koay teow soup with chicken drumstick meat and it was good as well. The chicken meat was so tender and smooth… another of their specialty is the QQ noodles… basically noodles made of fish paste into noodles like strands… Their dumpling (sui kao) is also freshly wrapped everyday…

P1470592-1Next to it is the soya bean drink and grass jelly (leong fun) drink stall… if you are there early, you may be able to grab some nasi lemak wrapped in banana leaves in which is usually sold off by 7pm.  I beleive they are family because previously, before the noodle stall was opened, the guy who is cooking the noodles is the one selling the soya bean drink… (both morning and night at the same spot, previously in the wet market compound)      

Anyways, next to this stall are zhu char stall, the yaw char kwai and “friends” stall, economy fried bee hoon/noodles/koay teow and thong sui stall, putu mayam stall, the KJA burger stall, and on the 14th or 30th each month of the Chinese calendar, there will be stalls selling flowers and kuihs, and also the fruit stall. There’s also one vegetarian nasi lemak+chappati and thosai stall on the opposite road. The whole stretch of food stalls available…

Tom Yam Noodles ( I have no idea on the name of the stall)
Lengkok Nipah, Taman Lip Sin,
11900 Bayan Lepas,
Penang.

No comments: