Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fast Homemade Pumpkin & Broccoli Soup (Cheater Style)

I made some soup the other day, cheater style though… because I want it to be simple and fast, i bought cream of mushroom/chicken. Stir fried my pumpkin until soft and fragrant, added a little of dried shrimp with minimal oil, stir in the soup (cooked as can instruction) and off to the blender  to puree the pumpkin along with the soup. Then off to the pot again, simmer for another while on slow fire and viola! P1450673-2

Homemade pumpkin soup, with black pepper. It’s a little too thick though… I used too much pumpkin.. but it was good :P

P1450701-1

Same with broccoli soup, I blanched the broccoli, add in the mushroom/chicken soup, off to the blender to mix and puree everything up, back to the pot and stove, simmer and cream of broccoli soup is ready to go!

No comments: