Friday, July 29, 2011

Fish Head Bee Hoon and Tom Yam, Village Coffee Shop, Weld Quay

I basically only eat tom yam noodles/bee hoon from only 2 places, one is Sin Hwa Lam and another one near my house. Then I got to know about this place! When my friend told me that she’s craving for tom yam noodles, I took the opportunity the bring her there as I wanted to give it a try too. It is along Weld Quay opposite off Gat Lebuh Melayu, opposite a building selling incense sticks and praying materials.

P1490944-1

Both of us ordered bee hoon(vermicelli) that day… with fish meat… fish meat are fresh fried fish meat pieces… with bones though… it came in a big bowl.. if I’m not mistaken, it’s MYR6 per bowl. Soup is thick, spicy and sour, just nice.

P1490942-1

My friend ordered with extra spicy (notice the cili padi) and extra fish balls.. i think hers is MYR7.00.. with extra spicy soup, she still eat with sliced cili padi.. her mouth is made of steel… Her verdict.. she liked it a lot.. and you know why… we had this on a Thursday.. she went back again for  tom yam maggi noodles and bee hoon on Friday and Sunday… so you tell me… :P

P1490947-1

The place is usually packed by by 7:30pm to 8:00pm. That is what I noticed when i usually drove past.

P1490949-1

Besides tom yam, they mainly also offer clear soup fish head bee hoon too with extra ingredients like fish balls, fresh fish meat and others to choose from and to add in. The shop is easily noticed by the green light board with the name of the coffee shop…

P1490951-1

Village Coffee Shop
107-A Weld Quay, 10300 Penang.
Tel: 6012 - 482 8867, 012 - 477 8867
Business Hours: 11.30am - 11.30pm

No comments: