Friday, August 27, 2010

Pad Thai & Duck Rice @ Foodhall, Siam Paragon, Bangkok

Just came back from Bangkok a couple of days ago… it’s rainy season now.. hot in the day and showers starts early evening… it’s my second time there and basically this round is more of a little sight seeing of what I’ve missed the last round, shopping and lotsa eating! I arrive Bangkok the first day near to evening… flight from PEN departed at 5:05pm. We arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled and by the time we reached the hotel and checked in, it was already around 7:00pm Thai local time.

So we headed to Siam Paragon via BTS Sky Train from On Nut(pronounced as Ohn Noot) station which is located less than 100 metres from the hotel. It was pretty packed, maybe because it was also a weekend, and it’s also Thailand grand sale. Undecided on where to go, we opted to eat at the foodhall instead as most of the outlets are full with people.

The food hall is huge, and connected to other food outlets across the floor. They offer various type of food, foodhall selling mostly Thai local dishes, and gourmet market offering various types of international food, and huge selections of food chain outlets. You’ll be spoilt with choices!

 P1340528-1

I opted for pad thai with prawns at the food hall for THB70 (MYR7)

P1340529-1

I have to say, it’s one of the best pad thai I’ve ever had… not that I eat it very often la.. hehe… but comparatively, this one is good.

P1340534-1 

with 3 medium sized fresh prawns….

P1340537-1 

Duck rice was just so so… Can remember how much… I think it was around THB60 (MYR6). I think our duck rice tasted better and Mr Friend commented the same. The gravy is just not as nice as ours :P

P1340542-1 

P1340544-1

You get to sit at normal square tables, or counter-top-like-tables with big aquariums in front.. ahhh… I’m missing my holidays already….  Bangkok, I’ll be back…

No comments: