Friday, July 24, 2009

Mee Udang Ilyana Cafe, Teluk Kumbar, Penang

This was actually my first ever mee udang.. I’ve never tried any, so I’m not fit to judge which is better until i get to taste more from different restaurants/stalls.

My colleague brought us here and it was just next to Salwa’s Mee Udang, the other more favoured and more famous one, apparently la… :D I do believe Salwa has nicer view but I did not manage to go take any photos as I was busy chit chatting with them…

mu1

Just got to know that this cafe has got branches… in Bertam and also my hometown, Sungai Petani besides Teluk Kumbar. Beside mee udang, the also offer like zhu char or ala carte options.. even mee udang has got set for XX pax with a jug of drinks at a specific price… Also available are zhu char set, on like few dishes and rice as certain pricing as well.

mu2

Front view of the cafe…

mu3

Inside the cafe….

mu5

Mee Udang (Prawn Noodles) for prawns B size, MYR 9.50. For prawns size A, it’s charged at MYR 15.00.

mu4

Each plate is served with 3 big fresh prawns, I wonder how big is prawn “A” size!!

mu7

Gravy is made of tomato sauce etc and very flavourful…. noodles are being drenched with tomato sauce gravy with spring onions, some vege and fried shallots… It’s yummy…. So if Salwa’s better, then I can’t wait to try theirs… so I can finally make comparison… one fine day… :D

mu8

Next round will go to Salwa’s to try the mee udang and also to enjoy the sunset view there…

Ilyana Cafe Sdn Bhd

No 10 Gerai JKKK, Kampung Nelayan, Teluk Kumbar, 11920 Bayan Lepas, Penang

Contact ☎ 04-6492120

2 comments:

Faisal Admar said...

you should try ayu mee udang :)
much better than this.
but i have to say that ilyana nasi goreng ketam is awesome :)

Wenlynn said...

Yea.. heard about Ayu's mee udang too, but never really had the time to pay a visit.. Will try it one day.. might be trying the mee udang at Pulau Aman too this coming weekend. I hope :) Thanks for the recommendation :D I never had the nasi goreng ketam.. but now you've said it... hmm.. it's now i my "to try list" :D