Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Dong Zhi (Winter Solstice) Festival 2008!!

It's the time of the year again.

The Dōngzhì Festival or Winter Solstice Festival is one of the most important festivals celebrated by the Chinese (My 2nd aunt said that it's even more important than Chinese New Year) when sunshine is weakest and daylight shortest, urm...okay.. it may not be the same here cos the sun is very strong here today :D

Traditionally, the Dongzhi Festival is also a time for the family to get together, and urm.. ok... me being a bad daughter again, missed this year's festival with family... sorry pa & ma...

Last year, i did not go home too and my friend Yvonne brought me a pack of homemade tang yuan. This year, the thoughtful Ding-s bought me a pack... eating tang yuan means growing one year older too... :D Guess Ms Ding is scared that i could not grow up :P hehehe.. just kidding la.... Thank you so much!!

Looks like next year I've got to try to go back home for this celebration...

No comments: