Saturday, March 8, 2008

Savunthari's Wedding - 1st March 2008

Was invited to my colleague Savun's wedding last week. It was my first time attending an indian wedding.. well.. maybe second.. but first time getting to witness the colourful indian wedding ceremony... it lasted around 2 hours...Started around 6:30. Entering 2nd hour, everyone kinda got hungry and start feasting already... so we follow suit... haha... So, typical me.. I took lots of photos.... it's gonna be a lot of photos posted.. so it's gonna be a colourful post :) Let the photos do the talking now... hehe....

1

Chocolate baby cupcakes as wedding favour....

2 Nicely decorated and lit with decorative light bulbs on the stage, where the ceremony took place... and I tell you... it's very hot up there... too many lights.. it's like a alternative tanning machine... :)

3

4 Food served.... buffet rice, with chicken, mutton, vegetables, fruits, chapatti and ice kacang too! See.. my ice kacang has a heart.. ~ :)

5 Here come's the bride.... not dressed in white though... :) in her pretty blue/orange saree... and there's 2 musician there.. hmm.. they played for nearly 3 hours non stop... 

6

7 Towards the end of the ceremony....

8

9

10 Blessings....

11

12 I can feel that it's very heavy... all the accessories on her head I mean... but pretty.....

13

16 17 The beautiful bride.. Savun....

14 That's another colleague of mine, Chinnu with her daughter... isn't she pretty?... look at her huge round eyes....

15 Myself and my other colleagues, Anba, Eddi and Punitha.....

No comments: