Sunday, September 25, 2011

Delicious Fares during Ramadhan!

Yes, I know that Ramadhan is over, even Syawal is ending soon… and I have not been actively updating lately… was and is still very caught up with work, very overloaded and just too tired when I get home… but if i don’t update now, the more backlogs I’ll have! So I’ll just briefly share photos of some yummy food I’ve enjoyed for the past couple of months.. haha…

This year somehow, had lesser pasar/bazaar Ramadhan around… I got all these from the Pasar Ramadhan at Bayan Baru.. nearest on the way home from work…

P1500433-1

I love malay friend bee hoon, the one orange in colour.. but somehow, those sold in pasar ramadhan is not as yummy as those fried at home… I could still recall those yummy ones made by my classmates’ mom during our lower primary class party…. they are always very sedap!

P1500444-1   P1500453-1

Roti jala too has always been a favourite… best eaten with chicken curry….  Last time, roti jala 4 pieces with chicken curry cost only MYR 1.00 to MYR1.50.. Now, it ranges from MYR 2.50 to MYR 4.00.

P1500462-1Satay is also a favourite… when i was young, I love tagging my mom to the weekend pasar minggu… because I can urge her to buy satay for dinner :D  This is only MYR 0.40 per stick… for chicken satay… considering it cheap as the chicken meat piece is generous. juicy and not chicken fat.. purely chicken meat… now, a regular stick of chicken satay(purely meat) costs at least MYR0.60. And it ranges until even MYR 1.00 per stick.

P1500464-1

Nasi Lemuni is not commonly found like nasi lemak.. only some stalls have it.. and I never heard of it until few years back when one of my ex colleague cooked some and brought to the office for us…  lemuni is actually a plant. Best to be eaten simple with the normal nasi lemak condiments.. but this one comes in a set with the chicken..

Lemuni - a Malay herbal plant with small purple flowers and dark greenish grey leaves. Commonly used in traditional preparation, usually from extracting the juice. In Malay culture, it is very popularly used in as remedial medicine, most popularly believed is good for women who just gave birth.  

P1500578-1 Nasi tomato with acar and ayam masak merah…. and also satay…

P1510781-1Lemang with dried beef rendang…

Yuo know what, if I ever get to migrate somewhere one day, I’m gonna open a small eatery promoting Malaysian food, and the above will surely be in the menu,, haha… day dreaming on owning a little restaurant…

No comments: