Sunday, November 21, 2010

Homemade Baked Penne with Garlic Mushrooms and Chicken

I bought fresh button mushrooms on clearance in Tesco the other day, it’s like half the regular price and they still look fresh and good… I love mushrooms! Then I could not really think of what to do with them, I made pasta with the mushrooms and chicken, not to forget lotsa garlic too cos I did not have any pasta sauce at home that time, I flavored it with loads of garlic and Italian herbs!

P1400449-1 I choose penne this round cos I have only spaghetti, fusilli and penne, and penne looks better when it’s cut out for serving… :P  Just put extra virgin olive oil, throw in lots of  finely chopped garlic, sliced fresh button mushrooms, chicken pieces and bombay onions. stir fry until everything is mixed up, put in boiled penne, continue to stir, sprinkle Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste.  Remove them to a baking pan, and because there is no sauce, I beat 3 eggs with some salt and pepper and poured it over the pasta so it’ll help to stick them together… Then, grate generous amount of mozzarella cheese on top….

P1400461-1

Snapped some photos while the oven heats up, then put it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes for the cheese to melt and turn into golden brown…

P1400470-1Tadaaaa!! It’s done!

P1400482-1Cut into slices, and serve…

P1400486-1 See what I mean when I said it looks nicer after cutting it into slices…

P1400494-1It’s overall not bad.. haha… not too rich.. a little dry though cos there was no sauce used… I used to make something like this, using macaroni with local touch.. spicier with cili boh! I’ll make that again.. one day… :D

No comments: