Saturday, March 14, 2009

2009 Chinese New Year

yes yes.. I'm a month plus late.. This year's CNY is over and now only I'm posting my photos... haha... was looking thru and i thought why not i skipped my travelogue post and give way to Chinese New Year, my favourite time of the year, where families gather and bond together, and of course the ang pao-s (red packets) and free flow good food supplies... Be warned, I have plenty of photos coming for this post, practically how my Chinese New Year was celebrated this year from day 1 to Chap Goh Meh, 15th day and last day of Chinese New Year!

2 day before Chinese New Year


2 days before Chinese New Year, took the opportunity to meet up with my best friend, may who came back from Perth for the holidays and my other babes too :D Also managed to meet up other old friends... at Old Town, Lagenda Heights.. :D Can't wait for the next gathering...

Chinese New Year Eve

Reunion lunch on Chinese New Year Eve, usually other family will have reunion dinner and eat steamboat. But since we pray and make offerings to ancestors on Chinese New Year eve this year, so we've got plenty to fill the tummy and did not go for steamboat that day...

CNY stuffs and Rover kepo wanna see what's in the house :D hahaha.. actually he's asking someone to go play with him.. sien mah outside alone...

Chinese New Year Day 1

So instead.... we have steamboat on first day of CNY... hahaha... usually on first day, we will just stay home, watched tv and eat eat eat.. couch potatoes... seldom we actually visit relatives after my grandma passed away many years back.. previously, first day of CNY is reserved for my papa's side...

Out of boredom, i drove to the nearby Giant and get stuffs to make pizza.... I usually make them during Chinese New Year.. like previous years.. 2006, mass produce somemore, from the crust itself... this year a little bit lazy, i bought readymade base :D and the shape is round... haha... compare to my previous out of shape but yummy pizza :D my version of island supreme but with additional scallops, prawns and abalone slices... CNY special :D muahahaha... and i made only 2 this year... just saja saja, bored d and my sis a.k.a tv queen, hugged the tv whole day, i might as well go do something else... :P

My little Codie. manja-ing with my parents... don't know why, he loves to manja with my papa... my dad's tea corner is there so he'll spend his time sipping tea and Codie will go kepo.. look at him.. stand so straight like asking something from my papa... jia lat....

Dressed him up with the CNY clothes i bought in Hong Kong last year... so handsome.. muahaha... keeping him warm cos we had the aircond on and he stays indoor :D then take photo with my little boy... haha

Chinese New Year Day 2

Come day 2 of CNY, the most happening day... CNY day 2 is reserved for my mama's side... my mom has got 11 siblings including her.. so the family is pretty huge... every year, one of the siblings house is to be nominated as the gather point and with mutual agreement, this year's CNY day 2 gathering was at my home... so it saves time visiting each other... we all gather at one place, eat, laugh and talk all day... this is a full day event :D got up in the morning and dress Codie up again and wait for everyone to arrive while helping around :D this year i din do much.. kepo around only... cos thinking of the next day have to go back to work depressed me a lot already that time.....

Yummylicious home cook meal for everyone…

Eat rice also need to take several rounds before everyone confirms have eaten lunch.. I have quite big family here.. shiok… lau juak…

Playing with my Codie.... some of the day 2 photos are contributed by my cousin, Chia Yee. So if you see the SLR quality photos... that's her work :D like this photo, she took it while i try to get Codie to pose for her.. haha...

My cousins and some with nieces n nephew included... hahaha... and they are not even half of my cousins.... so imagine how big the family is.. i like :D it's always full with joy and laughter when everyone gather around.... and noticed that the female population at my mom's side family is definitely more than the males.. haha...

My nephew and nieces.. cute darlings...

Look at how much Aidan have grown... compared to last year, 2008. He is so so cute and handsome.. :D

That's Angeline, Aidan's sister with the pink bag and Eunice, their cousin sister...


My newborn baby nephew, Jaden....

Chinese New Year Day 3

Back to work on the pathetic 3rd day of CNY, went to lunch with Kar Wai at Johnny's, QBM.. "open-work" meal...

Was invited by a close friend to join her family for dinner, and we went to Red Bali... the food is not bad... the shark's fin soup has got pretty generous serving of crab meat.. yummy...

Chinese New Year Day 5

Managed to go to Kek Lok Si this year but only on the upper level where the Kuan Yin statue is at. Arrived pretty late too and managed to snaps photos too :D but of course the quality is so so only :D went up there like 10:30pm and thought can avoid the jam.. so wrong! so many people still going up that time... since they will only switch off the lights at 12:30am... this year, the lights surrounding the Kuan Yin is well lit.. Beautiful, isn't it?

Proceed for supper, or was it early breakfast at Mr Pot, Upper Penang Road and it is not nice... quality has deteriorated....

Chinese New Year Day 6

Went over to Melynda's to visit and to have a look at her wedding photos... only manage to snap photos when we came out form her house as she has got other guests as well, so we shy shy, only shoot these 2 photos while waiting for the lift... and OCBC's red packets this year very nice.... it's like assorted ang pao-s packet... we got Melynda's first year ang pao.. haha.. i wonder who's next??

Oh ya... i bought these mini statues of Kuan Yin, Buddha and the Smiling Buddha at Kek Lok Si... can't help it.. still got plenty of different mini statues as well... MYR 25 for 3, I got them and they are now seated at my office desk :D

Chinese New Year Day 8 & 9


Rushed home after work, of course have to brace the traffic jam on the bridge, as usual...

Come to 9th day of CNY, it's a hokkien tradition..they will prepare everything on the 8th day and come strike 12:00am on the clock indicating 9th day of CNY, automatically you'll hear fire crakers and see beautiful fireworks up in the sky, if you are staying in a hokkien neighbourhood..... to the hokkiens, it's first day of Chinese New Year... to Pai Thi Kong, must have sugar canes and offerings must be in shades of reds and everything sweet.....

This year's offerings were half home made half bought from regular vendor :D Last year my parents and sis more semangat.. they made like practically everything at home...

Getting ready for prayers...

Rover got really scared cos there were continuous fire crackers sound and Rover doesn't like it.. He usually doesn’t like taking photos too, but since he's scared, anyone that accompanies him by his side, he also will entertain a bit la... haha....

The next morning, We got a visitor.. 5 feet long snake...which got me, my sis and my mom screaming like little girls and running to the door when it flew up from the diving wall of both houses to our red palm tree... wanted to bring rover in the house already that time cos rover will definitely try to be hero punya... haha... but it slowly glides out of our house also finally.. phew~

Chinese New Year Day 15, Chap Goh Meh

Last day of CNY, Chap Goh Meh, we had steamboat with my sister's close friends, 4 of us at my home... they then proceed to go throw oranges, i was too tired to follow, i watched tv n eat oranges at home :P


Looking forward for another CNY to come.... Feb 14th 2010.... :D I've viewed CNY dates until 2019 already.... muahaha....

No comments: