Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nasi Lemak Special & Specialty Ice Kacang, White House Coffee (小娘惹 The Little Nyonya Cuisine), Bukit Jambul Complex

I noticed this outlet sometime ago after Sushi King closed down their outlet in BJC (Bukit Jambul Complex), but never once I made a visit. Then I came across a promotion in everyday whereby the nasi lemak is only priced at MYR3.90 nett vs the normal price at MYR8.30++. I love nasi lemak… am a true Malaysian.. :P I thought it’s a good deal and decided to give it a try.

P1490643-1

The Nasi Lemak Special MYR 8:30++ (normal price) comes with the basic condiments like peanuts, sambal ikan bilis, half of a hard boiled egg, cucumber slice, some crackers and a piece of fried chicken. The fried chicken of course is not those from the ready made frozen chicken pack, like Old Town’s. This is fresh piece of chicken meat, perfectly marinated… very aromatic.. piping hot from the wok… and the whole portion is actually quite big. Sedap!

P1490630-1

I wanted to have cendol but they were out of stock.. so i ordered myself an ice kacang… cos the weather is so hot! It was perfect! Specialty Ice Kacang MYR 5.80++ I have to admit that this is the most expensive ice kacang I’ve ever had… but the portion is slightly bigger than a regular ice kacang… and what I like most about it the texture of the ice… it’s finely shaved ice…. rather than some are quite coarse, this is just nice… melt in your mouth the sweet goodness! And yet, it is actually quite sweet… and does not melt off that fast…

P1490624-1

Topped with a scoop if vanilla ice cream.. I actually like it…

P1490636-1White House coffee has actually quite an extensive menu.. it if of course the same kind of concept with old town and few others. The menu though states Little Nyonya Cuisine… their fares are also more to the hint of  Peranakan touch, be it local fares or western fares… drinks though are a little pricey comparing to other outlets of the same concept… food wise is still competitive both taste, selections and price. I read that their indonesian prawns, nyonya seafood rice, tomyam noodles, nasi dagang, curry mee and many more are nice too.. I’ll go try those next time… :D and they serve halal dim sum too.. Bukit Jambul’s outlet is more quiet I guess, not too many people… they have few other outlets in Penang namely Time Square and Tesco Extra Seberang Jaya.

White House Coffee (小娘惹 The Little Nyonya Cuisine)
1-38, Jalan Rumbia,
Kompleks Bukit Jambul,
11900 Pulau Pinang.
04-640 6757

No comments: