Monday, May 30, 2011

Cucur Udang and Yam Cake, New World Park, Penang

Fancy some tea time snacks? You can conveniently find these at New World Park… (well, of course there are still plenty of places that has all these, will blog about those other time) Anyways, sometimes I do go to New World Park once in a while… I used to go every week before New World Park existed.. It is more famously known as Sin Sei Kai, the jam packed coffee shop with stalls along the roadside.. It was then very hard to find a nice parking spot, unlike now, parking is a breeze…

P1450715-1

And this is the all time must have when I’m there. I would not say that it’s the best, but it is one of the best I had so far.

P1450723-1 It’s crispy and not too oily. The peanut sauce is good too! Find it at Stall Lot H3.

P1450728-1

2 stalls away, Lot H5 offers a number of chinese tea time snacks, such as chee cheong fun, yam cake, “chai kuih” (crystal skin dumpling with yam bean, carrot etc), “bak zhang” savoury glutinous rice dumpling and more. Yam cake is actually just okay, if only there is more yam.. but texture wise it’s good!

P1450726-1

The bak zhang is just so so..  perhaps I’m very used to those home made ones… and those my mom used to get from the kuih seller  back in hometown… that is my favourite… my favourite bak zhang comes with peanuts! :P

P1450731-1The chai kuih is also so so only.. the skin is a little too thick and very fragile.. one of the best chai kuih I’ve had so far is the one in Super Tanker Food court.…

P1450733-1 Overall, if you are not fussy… all these are just fine.. :)

No comments: