Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Project.. Part 1 (Almond Biscotti and Ngaku Chips)

I made almond biscotti from an online recipe… turned out okay but I personally prefer more almonds… and the texture, somehow not up to my expectation.. I wanted a smooth surfaced pieces.. but taste wise is still okay and very crispy! So I guess I need to go find other recipe.. in fact i turned out pretty much the same looking from the online recipe photo… so I guess nothing went wrong.. I just need a different recipe :D

ngaku n biscotti

And with another festive season coming soon (Chinese New Year), ngaku (arrow heads) are  widely sold in supermarkets… I was at Tesco and Sunshine yesterday… although the price is not at the cheapest, but still can buy la… need to get something to do to fill my free time…

Collages5

So I sat in front of the tv, peel off the skins, while my curious kaypo little boy looked on…

Collages6 Slice directly into the hot oil, and transfer it to kitchen towel to cool and drain off excess oil…

Collages7I managed to make 4 big containers… in which is usually sold between MYR12.00 to MYR15.00.  And to be more experimental, besides original flavoured chip, I made one container with onion powder+salt and another one with infused with jasmine tea leaves…

No comments: