Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wan Tan Mee - BB Cafe Bayan Baru, Penang

BB Cafe actually offers few good selections of hawker fares, one of it is the wan tan mee. basically, if you ask me, what is a good wan tan mee? Seriously I do not know how to explain. When I was a small kid, wan tan mee is my staple when it’s eating out. Reason being is that I touch no spicy food that time, and I eat wan tan noodles but always refuse to eat the wan tan(wontons), that my mom had to force me to finish everything up, I swallowed the smooth silky wan tan like swallowing medicine. That’s just me being a weird kid :P

P1480576-1Wan tan mee @ MYR 2.80. Personally, I think the key to a good wan tan mee is not actually the wan tan… it’s actually the texture of the noodles and also the soy sauce… good wan tan and char siu is a bonus… This one, to me I felt it’s okay.. Noodles were springy… the soy sauce was just nice.. not too sweet or salty.. there were dashes of sesame oil I think, for the extra fragrant… char siu and wan tan was okay too.. I of course personally prefer wan tan like those in hong kong wan tan mee…huge yummy wantan with fresh meat and prawns inside.. yum! But with the price, I have no complains la.. besides wan tan noodles, you may opt for hor fun as well.

P1480581-1 My regular drink at BB cafe is the “seo phak hu” (hokkien word for fighting fish), which basically is dried longan drink… why is it called so, it’s because it is served in a jar, where usually fighting fish are placed in…

P1480588-1 The stall is usually busy on weekdays lunch time.. basically it’s packed here during lunch hours..

P1480592-1
BB Café (Corner lot of the shop houses behind Suntech)
Lintang Mayang Pasir 3.
Bayan Baru, Penang 11950

No comments: