Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lunch-ing at Red Chopsticks, I Avenue

Finally, new place for lunch... wahahaha... at least something newer than zhap fan la, pan mee la, Jln Tengah la, Bukit Gedong la, snake temple la, Queensbay la...at least now another choice to have lunch... seriously need to prepare a draw lot box... put all the lunching place and draw when each of us cannot decide what to eat.... I shall do it once I'm done with this post... oiseh.. so semangat... anyway....

This time we went Red Kitchen... located at I-Avenue... must go earlier if you want to find good parking spots.. cos it's a pretty strategic place where there are Maybank, Hong Leong Bank & Scotia Bank. JPJ is also there.. quite a lot of eateries too....

Walk pass this place a lot of times but never actually went in and try.. The food menu is super thick.. and laminated very thickly as well each and every page.. lots of variety as well.. environment wise not bad.. the place is squeaky clean...the tables all nicely wiped clean... So me as usual, if my camera is in my bag, I shall then utilize it.. so I can share with everyone also mah... haha... word of mouth people call it... (habis la if that one place I go serve bad food and with bad service)... muahahaha..

11 They don't call if Red Chopsticks for nothing... look at the chopsticks used... not bad interior.. easterny influenced...

10 Look at the reflective tables.. kekeke... and oh ya.. I'm not sure if that's the boss or what... this lady who came and take our order is really soft spoken... suddenly I feel like I'm so super ganas like that...

12 Tau Iu Bak Th'ng Set (Pork in Soya Sauce Soup with braised hard boiled eggs) It tastes not bad... just maybe the spices used are pretty strong smelling... very thrifty when it comes to the sambal.. kekeke

13 That's fat fat cendol... and if you look at the 2 glasses of drinks below... you must be thinking.. that must be orange juice... wrong.. you are so wrong.... it's ice lemon tea... drinkable but i'll try other drink next time... it's either powder type or cordial type... I prefer original ice lemon tea..

14 Sweet & sour fish rice.... you get to choose sweet and sour normal or spicy sweet and sour.. presentation not bad, portion quite big, taste not bad also...

15 Urm.. this is chicken Spicy Sweet & Sour rice.. with egg... looks not much difference from the fish one I know.. haha.. got got.. the mint leaves are different in size.. and it has one egg there.. :P

Overall, I would say that we will return for either lunch or dinner again...looking at all the aspects, service, presentation, taste, location, price... it's all above average, can say good la... Cost around RM11 per pax... well.. if you eat this everyday, will bankrupt la... but once in a while once you're bored with zhap fan and other hawker fares, and it's a super hot sunny day, you can consider going to Red Chopsticks.. they have airconds... muahahaha..

No comments: